Chamonix-Zermatt Haute Route, Cicerone
Guidebook to the walkers' Haute Route from Chamonix to Zermatt
You will discover delightful villages and remote hamlets, wander flower meadows and forests, skirt exquisite tarns that turn mountains on their heads, and clamber beside glaciers. The way explores lonely stone-filled corries, with marmots along the boulders and ibex on the heights, and provides a surprise around every corner.
- The route typically takes two weeks to walk, and is described in 14 stages
- The 180km route crosses 11 passes and involves more than 12,000m of ascent and descent
- The stunning scenery makes it a contender for the title 'Most beautiful trek in Europe'
- Series: Mountain Walking
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Cicerone Press Limited; 1 edition (January 1, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1852845139
- ISBN-13: 978-1852845131
- Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 0.6 x 6.8 inches