Gran Paradiso, Cicerone
This guidebook describes 28 day walks in the Gran Paradiso national park in the Italian Alps south of Mont Blanc, and the 12-day Alta Via 2 trek.
The Alta Via trek covers over 140km of rugged mountains and valleys between Chardonnay to Courmayeur. The walks vary from 2 to 33km and range from easy paths to routes for the experienced alpine walker. The Gran Paradiso sits in the Valle d'Aosta, in northwestern Italy, a region of grand mountains and rugged desolate valleys, verging on pristine wilderness. Views of Mont Blanc, Monte Rosa and the Matterhorn ranges can be seen from the many passes and lookouts visited during this guide.
Despite its attractions, the park is relatively undiscovered. Walkers can often enjoy unforgettable days on excellent trails through spectacular valleys all to themselves, even at the height of the summer season. The itineraries explore highlights and special places to whet walking appetites.
- Guidebook to walking in Italy's Gran Paradiso national park, includes the Alta Via 2 Trek and a range of 28 walks from gentle strolls to full scale traverses of the region
- The Gran Paradiso is a protected national park, just to the south of the Mont Blanc massif accessible from France and northern Italy
- A range of deep valleys and passes give excellent walking. Refuge and valley accommodation is plentiful
- Author: Price
- No of Pages: 224
- ISBN 10: 185284499X
- ISBN 13: 9781852844998
- Publisher: Cicerone Press
- Published Date: March 2008
- Binding: Paperback
- Weight: 300g